Google My Business is another great marketing tool right at your fingertips and is super easy to set up and manage.
So What Is Google My Business?
Google My Business allows you to manage your business presence across Google, Maps and Search. It allows you to post events, updates and new products. Best of all, you don’t need to have any kind of marketing degree or marketing budget to get started. Not that you need incentive after this introduction, but in case you do, here are 5 awesome reasons to claim your listing today!
- GMB is a free marketing tool!
That’s right – your read that correctly… FREE! And free marketing tools don’t come around very often.
- Own Your Company Information If you don’t claim your listing or set up a new listing, Google’s information about your business could be wrong or inaccurate, which could put prospective customers off.
- Promote Your Events, Updates and Much More. Get your events, updates, new products and special offers right in front of your target customer by adding them to GMB.
- Appear in Local Search ResultsYes, once your listing is live and optimised, your business will appear when potential customers search for local business – think “plumber Newcastle” – the more customers see your business, the more likely it is that they will contact you.
- Get and Show Off Your Customer Reviews More and more research suggests customers only contact customers with good and usually lots of customer reviews, and GMB gives you, as a busy business owner, an easy way to do this. Firstly, post the link to request reviews in your customer emails, or with each invoice you send. Then, when customers Google your business name or service, your reviews show up front and centre, creating that crucial trust!
How to Claim Your Listing?
- Simply open Google My Business and click “manage now” and follow the steps.
- Once you have finished adding in your information, Google will send you a postcard to verify your address, after which you can add posts, updates, events and so much more.
As always, I am here to help so feel free to send me a message to get your listing up and optimised as quickly as possible!